Saturday, January 19, 2013

Toothless Freckle Face


A big deal happened here last week, the best day of Little Miss S' life.  She lost her first tooth!  I made her this tooth fairy bunny, so the tooth didn't get lost under her pillow.


Both the skirt and the TF are made from vintage trim that was my grandmother's.


If I can, I like to include little snippets of my past in the things I make her.  She'll never meet my grandmothers, so maybe she can know them through me and the little things I do for her.


I bought this Ralph Lauren fabric a couple years ago.  I thought it would make a perfect tooth fairy bunny.  The inspiration for the bunny came from these three sources: Pinterest, Pottery Barn Kids, and these adorable bunnies made by Nicole for her daughter's holiday gift exchange.


I planned on doing a tutorial for the bunny, but it was way too hard.  I spent some quality time with my seam ripper and got reacquainted with my sewing machine.  It's been a long time since I've sewn anything.  I had no pattern, just worked with what I had, combined with an idea in my mind.  I used this roll of duct tape as a template for the head!


She looks so cute with her tooth missing.


To give you an idea of how I made the bunny, I cut out these strips of fabric.  This board is 12" x 18" to give you some perspective.



I just wanted to document the moment before it slipped away.  This is what living with this little person is like most of the time, for real.


The tooth fairy left behind this credit card sized bag filled with five one dollar bills that had been sprinkled with glitter and a tiny pouch of fairy dust, aka glitter.  The tooth fairy found all the supplies for the bag at Paper Source.  The tooth fairy was SO scared she was going to wake up Little Miss S when she was getting the tooth.  She didn't consider the sound that this little paper bag would make in the middle of the night when leaving it behind!

Hope you're all well!

XO,
Amber

5 comments:

  1. You are too cute! And so is Miss S :) I was out of town for work when the tooth fairy first came to our house so I'm fairly certain what she left behind was much less charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sutton just asked me if the "fairy dust" was really just glitter! I guess the TF wont' be doing that again!

      Delete
  2. So cute! I would love glitter money and fairy dust! and I want some of that fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,
    This is so cute! how sweet that you made this for Miss S....and she looks adorable in pigtails and with a tooth missing...
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glitter idea! You are so good, mama.

    ReplyDelete