Thursday, November 15, 2012

Photography Practice and Outakes


This year I'm not paying a professional photographer to take our family pictures for Christmas.  I have other things I'd rather spend money on this season (like updating my kitchen :).  I decided to take an online photography class and I've rented camera equipment.  I need to upgrade my camera and instead of wasting money on a camera I may not like, I rented it.  I'll chat about both the camera rental and the class once I've played around with both a little more.  Just wanted to share some fun pictures I took today.  Some of them are not great like the one above, but I still love it for some reason.  Maybe it's the subject matter ;)


The two above are both overexposed...I think.  I think that is the correct term.


I feel like this one really captures my girl, what she truly looks like, and her personality when she isn't being goofy.


We were just playing around in our backyard.  I didn't make her brush her hair or anything.  These were all taken after school in what she wore today.


This one is great but she started to get irritated at this point and that smile is fake.


I got a lot of silly shots like this.



Not in perfect focus.  Still cute :)


When it got to this point, I figured it was a good stopping point.

6 comments:

  1. nice work, girl! these shots are great!! love that last one... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are taking a photo camera class online. These pictures are so cute! I can't believe how much Sutton has changed up close. That little girl I remember has grown up so much. I'm taking a photoshop class at the adult school and love it. I'm using for more graphic stuff but it is truly amazing what you can do to a picture!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've been talking about it for so long! I may need to get info. from you on this adult school. The class I'm taking is not like a weekly thing. It's a great introduction to basic principals, but I can tell I'm going to want more once I'm done with it. I shot all these pictures in Manual which I've never successfully been able to do. And Photoshop is on my list too :)

      Delete
  3. The third photo from the top is perfect -- great angle, terrific framing. Very sweet. She has beautiful eyes!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber,
    Your subject is so darling! I've signed up for one of those online photography classes...keep getting reminder emails that it's about to expire...let's face it, I am way too ADD for that. But let me know how it goes...I probably have just enough attention span to read your post about the experience. Happy Thanksgiving!
    xo
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amber....I love them all actually! And I am a sucker for a freckle face...she is adorable

    xxx's kelley

    ReplyDelete